The Generation 2 has changed the game for hardshell rooftop tents in New Zealand. This tent is built out of the highest quality materials, to a high standard, to create the best hardshell rooftop tent on the New Zealand market. To set up, open the two latches, push the top shell up (the gas struts do most of the work), then push out the telescopic pole to extent the rainfly and you will be set up for the night (takes 30 seconds). It is loaded with unique features, to enable the best camping adventure. Fully tested in our savage climate here in New Zealand. The tent is very large, enabling the extra long kiwi blokes to have a great night sleep.
- Double channel M8 system around the tent, enabling the accessories e.g. lights, awnings ect to attach to the tent easier and safer
- Thick 75mm mattress for a better sleeping experience with removable/washable cover
- 10mm anti-condensation mat under mattress, to prevent condensation build up and add comfort
- Room to store bedding and ladder while travelling, saving room in the vehicle
- USB LED light with dimming features lighting up the entire tent
- 2x air vents to allow fresh air to flow in
- Large internal mesh pocket (on the roof inside the tents) for coats, bags and other gear. Ideal for getting your gear out of the way, for more mattress space.
- 4 smaller storage pockets for phones, power banks ect.
- Sky window for star gazing and allowing natural light to pour in
- Soft felt material on the internal roof for more comfort
- Shoe bag to hang shoes outside tent, allowing you to keep dirty shoes out, and up off the ground
- Insect mesh for ventilation on all doors and windows
- Internal weight capacity 300 kg
- Fully waterproof enabling dry night sleeps
- The canvas is completely removable/replaceable (zips off) if it was to become damaged.
- extra large window for panoramic views
-Four attachment points per roof rack, enabling them to have a maximum weight of 100kg. M8 system on top of racks for attachments e.g. ladder holder, snowboard racks, bike racks. Racks also come with eye bolts. (Roof-racks are sold separately)
Weight - 73kg
Ladder- 2.3m telescopic
mattress - 1350mm (W) x 2070mm (L) x 75mm thick (plus 10mm anti-condensation mat)
Tent (closed)-1450mm (W) x 2250mm (L) x 220mm (H) (260mm with racks)
Tent (open)- 1450mm (W) x 2250mm (L) 1670 mm highest point when open
Shell - Fully aluminium to make it light, strong and prevent any risk of rust. Rivetless external roof to prevent any leaks over time (really important for the serious 4x4 people who send it). All black powder coated, to prevent any corrosion build up.
Zippers- High quality Japanese YKK zippers (flow extremely smooth).
Canvas - Waterproof 280 gsm ripstop canvas walls, with anti mold (PU) coating.
Seams - Silicone taped for complete waterproofness
Gas Struts - 304 stainless with 400N force (can handle the most pressure when compared to other Hardshells on the New Zealand market). 6x fixing points per gas strut to prevent them slipping over time..
Ladder - High quality 2.3m telescopic ladder, with option for storing inside tent.
Rainfly- 600D poly-oxford fabric with a TPU clear sky window (thick tape seems to prevent any leaking)
The minimum distance between the front and back roof rack should be no more than 1100mm, and both the roof racks and vehicle should have a minimum dynamic load rating of 100kg. Please check with your vehicle manufacturer that the roof is suitable to handle the weight. These tents generally aren't suited for smaller cars, however our soft shells are. This tent can not be mounted to both the cab and canopy of a ute, as the Ute will flex, resulting in damaging the tent.