(Next shipments/ installations will be going out 27 February)
The Steezy Kiwi Hardshell rooftop tent has changed the game for camping in New Zealand. It is the most fuel efficient (14cm high without racks), easy to use and well build hard shell rooftop tent on the New Zealand market. At Steezy Kiwi, we pride ourselves in being one of the highest quality rooftop tent brands in the world, with our tents being built with high quality materials, to a very high standard, enabling it to withstand our hearty New Zealand climate. The hard shell rooftop tent can be set up within a minute, making camping trips stress free, giving you more time for hanging out, sports, exploring, cooking or the cheeky beer or wine.
The hardshell rooftop tent is built with a thick 350 g/sm canvas with a PU coating. This means they can withstand sea spray, hot sunny days and some savage winds without stretching or damaging the canvas (stretching is very common with cheaper canvas). All zips are made with Japanese YKK zippers (not cheaper SBS), for long lasting and smooth zipping. The base and roof is made from high quality Aluminium, including the corners (no plastic corners which are prone to leaking).
-Two roof racks attached to the two roof rails that run 2m long on both sides of the roof
- Two waterproof shoe bags which can be put at any entrance of the tent
- Eight internal storage pockets
- Rainfly at end of tent, for added shelter when climbing in and out. This can be unzipped and rolled up for a wider view.
- Closed dimensions 210cm x 143cm 14cm (not including roof rails)
- Mattress size (200cm x 130cm 60cm)
- 2.3m telescopic ladder.
- Three hinges connecting the base to the base to the roof
- Two sturdy gas struts for quick opening
- Added insulation in the roof and base
- Mosquito mesh around all windows/doors
- Three slots (not two) to attach the tent to roof racks
- 2.3m telescopic ladder, which can be attached to three entrances
- Two T channel entire way around the tent to add accessories (e.g lights, shower, awnings)
- Weight 70 kg (without ladder), ladder weighs an additional 8kg.
Note. Bedding can not be stored in the hardshell rooftop tent. These tents are designed for larger cars, and we recommend the roof racks to be a minimum of 1 metre apart. We recommend checking your vehicle’s maximum roof load rating and roof racks maximum dynamic load rating before installing this tent, and putting accessories onto the tents roof racks.
Free installations at our shop in Rotorua